Thursday, December 16, 2010

Assumptions and Arguments

Yesterday I did a post on YouTube about things that make my marriage a happier place (I'll post it tomorrow). One of those things is, being aware of when I am making up a story making up a story or assuming. I wanted to talk a little bit today about assumptions is arguments. When we come to an argument with assumptions it can make it really hard to listen to what our partner is saying or to hear their point of view. Just think about it, when we assume, we have already decided what we believe is true. That doesn't leave room for much else. Making assumptions isn't bad, we do it all the time, it's when we try to apply those assumptions to someone else that we run into trouble. So try to be aware of when you are assuming you know exactly what someone else means. Chances are you don't and there is probably room to learn something new about you and your partner. Where do your assumptions hurt you most in relationships?

You can visit my website a www.SoulMateCoachCrystal.com or shoot me an email @ SoulMateCoachCrystal@gmail.com. Thanks for stopping by and Blessings.............Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment